July 26, 2018 is circled on the XYMOGEN calendar. On or before this date, we—like every food and supplement manufacturer—will have completed the task of modifying each and every XYMOGEN formula label to comply with the new rules set forth by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the Federal Register under “Food Labeling: Revision of the Nutrition and Supplement Facts Labels.” These rules took effect on July 26, 2016.
Note: The images above are meant for illustrative purposes to show how the new Nutrition Facts label might look compared to the old label. Both labels represent fictional products. When the original hypothetical label was developed in 2014 (the image on the left-hand side), added sugars was not yet proposed so the “original” label shows 1g of sugar as an example. The image created for the “new” label (shown on the right-hand side) lists 12g total sugar and 10g added sugar to give an example of how added sugars would be broken out with a % Daily Value
The new rules reflect the FDA’s respect for updated scientific information; for instance, the link between diet and chronic diseases such as obesity and heart disease. The modifications, required on most food and all supplement labels, are intended to make it easier for consumers to make better informed food and supplement choices.
We cannot change all of the XYMOGEN formula labels overnight, but we want to get started on making the mandated modifications now. So, over the next two years, you can expect to see an increasing number of Supplement Facts or Nutrition Facts boxes on our labels that differ slightly from our current labels in information, layout, and font size.
The new rules will also impact the labels for private label customers; and like our XYMOGEN labels, the updates will take place as a gradual shift as opposed to modifications of all private labels at once.
We thank you for your patience and continuing support while our team diligently works toward the July 26, 2018 compliance deadline.
XYMOGEN® Copyright 2007-2016 – All Rights Reserved
Does the FDA regulate dietary and herbal supplements? YES.
“FDA regulates both finished dietary supplement products and dietary ingredients. FDA regulates dietary supplements under a different set of regulations than those covering “conventional” foods and drug products. Under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA):
- Manufacturers and distributors of dietary supplements and dietary ingredients are prohibited from marketing products that are adulterated or misbranded. That means that these firms are responsible for evaluating the safety and labeling of their products before marketing to ensure that they meet all the requirements of DSHEA and FDA regulations.
- FDA is responsible for taking action against any adulterated or misbranded dietary supplement product after it reaches the market….”
Read more here: http://www.fda.gov/Food/DietarySupplements/
Right now, we are halfway through autumn – the season for the Lung/Large Intestine Meridian. The good news is we have been treating fewer sore throats, sinus symptoms and bowel problems this season than last year around this time, and what we have been treating is not as severe. That’s wonderful!
I believe it’s because more of you are getting your tune-ups and taking your supplements. Remember: It is really important to get your Acupuncture treatment every three months, too. The whole immune system is easily strengthened by Acupuncture and nutrition, working harmoniously together.
For those of you that have problems with colds, sinus congestion or running noses with sneezing, we can help. We have a complete homeopathic pharmacy for all of these! And, I’m happy to say we are able to shorten the duration of symptoms and alleviate the pain quicker with Acupuncture and homeopathy. In some cases, patients we eliminated the symptoms within four hours! Call for your appointment as soon as possible at 386-734-4126. You don’t have to have a treatment at the same time, its just a great idea to do so if you can. (PS – If you feel you may be getting a sore throat, gargle with warm salt water with the first inkling of it. If there is phlegm, slice a lemon, put salt on it suck on the the slice quickly.)
November is here, and I know it’s the beginning of a stressful time for most people. My advice is that you try not to listen to the news. Truly, if you really need to know something, someone will tell you. Remember, too, that Acupuncture can help you cope with the craziness of the holidays. Make a choice to not go crazy!
Control your stress with deep breathing. First, take a deep breath count to four – hold it for the count of four and release it for a count of four. Do this again. Breathing like this will relieve your symptoms of stress. Nothing is more important than good health. With good health you CAN cope with anything!
And of course, we tend to overeat starting now to January 1st. Did you know the average American gains more than seven pounds each year, and usually doesn’t lose it? This doesn’t have to be you! Change your behaviors and make better choices.
Don’t forget about the “No Grain” diet I recommend. I favor the No Grain diet for three weeks at a time. You can start now and in three weeks when Thanksgiving comes, eat a moderate amount of your favorite things. Then, resume the “No Grains” diet December 1, and by Christmas you can add grains. (By now you will find your carb cravings are a lot less.) Start again on January 2nd, and after three weeks, pay attention to how you feel without the grains – many people have less pain and lose weight with more energy. Start enjoying the No Grain diet!
Each cold and flu season, millions of people rely on OTC (over-the-counter) medicines to relieve cold, cough, and flu symptoms. Those medicines may provide temporary relief, but they are not without unwanted side effects and warnings. This year, try to prevent illness, relieve symptoms and restore your good health these natural nutritional supplements:
PREVENT your illness by strengthening your immune system, and enable your body to better recognize and fight off invading flu viruses and colds, with these:
- Strengthen the natural immune response
- Help protect against subsequent flu and cold viral infections
- Broad spectrum product known to support immune function
IgG 2000 DF
- Ask Doctor for the best formula and dosage for you or your child
- Ask Doctor for dosage information
RELIEVE your symptoms with these:
- Has been used empirically to prevent the development of acute systems when taken either before or at the first sign of flu or common cold symptoms
- Research has revealed the activity against viruses, such as influenza, 2 adenovirus Type 5, Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 (HSV 1) and Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
- Use with viral or bacterial infections, croup
- Formulated to provide immune support for viral conditions and other immune problems
- Nasal congestion, rhinitis, cold and flu nasal symptoms
SINUS TABLETS BHI
- Sinusitis and rhinitis, nasal congestion, sinus pressure, and headache
- Wet and dry coughs, coughs due to colds and flu
- Minor sore throat, laryngitis, hoarseness
- Symptoms of flu and colds, chills, fever, nausea, body aches, fatigue
BIO-C PLUS 100
- Use with inflammation, colds, flu, fever, fatigue, stress, and healing
- Nausea or vomiting, dyspepsia, bloating, and constipation
RESTORE a weak or vulnerable immune system that over time can lead to more serious conditions with these:
- Ask Doctor for best formula and dosage for you
DETOX KIT by ViaTREXX
- After recovering from an illness use to flush toxins and help restore immune function
In my quest to help you achieve great health I recommend you give this meal plan a try for 3 weeks. It takes 21 days to make or break a habit. This plan helps eliminate pain and can help you lose those stubborn pounds especially around the “middle”.
This plan is base on high quality protein, high in fiber and low Glycemic index foods.
PROTEIN: chicken, eggs, tofu, fish, beef, cheese, legumes, nuts- 6 servings a day
LEGUMES – kidney, butter, chick peas, lentils, – 1 serving can be 1 cup
VEGETABLES: 7 servings a day (V8 juice – 1 cup counts) – 1 serving is ½ cup
All the GREEN salad you want – avoid corn, eat only small red potatoes (2 times a week) sweet potatoes (2 times a week) otherwise – all vegetables- experiment-
Spaghetti Squash is great with tomato sauce
FRUIT – 2 servings a day – apples, melons, papaya, berries, cherries, grapefruit, oranges pineapple (fresh),pears, peaches, plums, lemon juice (These are low Glycemic fruits)
****QUINOA is a seed that cooks and tastes like a grain – can be used as a cereal, dessert or side dish. There are lots of recipes on the “net”.
FATS: Nuts, seeds, oils, olive oil – 1 tablespoon, 2 pats of butter, do not use margarine or a butter substitute, avocado (1/2) Nuts or seeds (1/4 cup) 1 serving a day
DAIRY: half/half – 1 tablespoon, 4 oz. skim milk- if you are used to drinking milk
Almond Milk 8 oz. – NO SOYMILK
WATER: 8 glasses, decaf or regular tea and coffee, 1 small glass of wine, LaCroix Sparkling Water or low sodium club soda NO DIET or REGULAR SODA
SALAD DRESSINGS – low carb or olive oil/vinegar/lemon juice with spices & herbs
• SERVING SIZES equal 1 chicken thigh or ½ breast, 4 oz hamburger or fish, 1 egg, 14 nuts ( ¼ cup) walnuts and almonds are the best
• ¼ bag of frozen vegetables,
• Cheese is a good source of protein – string cheese is lower in fat
1 oz of cheese (2 dice) or 1/4 cup grated (mozzarella is good)
NO GRAINS – NO BREAD, RICE, PASTA, CRACKERS, WHEAT, RICE, MILLET, BARLEY, COOKIES, CAKE, CEREAL, OATMEAL